Sunday, October 31, 2010

October Reading List

Books Read/Listened to in October, 2010


So I’ve kind of made it my goal, for as long as I am commuting a considerable distance to work (100 miles round trip currently) to at least try to further my horizons by listening to some audio books, if not managing to read some real books. I’ve always liked the idea of becoming more read… just other objects of entertainment seem to get in the way. So without further ado here is my list for this month.

1. Real Ultimate Power – Robert Hamburger

A humorous look into the real power of ninjas through the eyes of a depressed/troubled 12 year old.

2. The Invisible Man – H.G. Wells

This one wasn’t as good as I had hoped, the points I found interesting as to the whole concept of the story were either too brief or didn’t come until the very end.

3. From the Earth to the Moon – Jules Verne (1865)

This was my favorite of the three books this month, it is the first part of an experiment partaken by a group of men in the 1860’s (complete with pre-1900 science) to shoot a cannon shot to the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment