Monday, October 11, 2010

Oct. 11th - Ankor Wat

October 11th, 2010


See Ankor Wat

So I didn’t want to do a whole bunch of “visit this, or see that” items in my blog series, as I see those as normal/boring items that everyone wants to see/do. That said there are some certainly some places/things in the world that I would really like to see, so I’m going to try to post only the more interesting places/ideas I have regarding trips.

Ankor Wat Pictures, Images and Photos

So the first one of these trips I’m including in my list is Ankor Wat a Hindu temple in Cambodia that was built in the 12th century. I’m not exactly sure when I decided I wanted to visit this place, but I’d say it’s been on my top places to visit in my life for a good 10-15 years. It just looks awesome, and I’ve always found these ancient places that are amazing examples of human construction that couldn’t feasibly be built today yet were built long ago to be amazing. Also it looks beautiful. The only drawback is that it is in the jungles of Cambodia… which is far from a safe place.

No comments:

Post a Comment