Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 2nd - "Experience List"

October 2nd
Serve on a Jury
12 Angry Men Pictures, Images and Photos
So this is one of those “Experience List” Items that I have no control over, but I really want to experience none the less. I want to be selected as a jury member for a trail. What kind of trial doesn’t really matter to me, I’ll take a low level case…. But I have to admit that being a member of a high profile murder case would be exciting. Honestly I think it’s great that our country picks random people to serve as jury members, and I want to complete this civic duty at least once in my life.
I know this makes me the exact opposite of a lot of people in the country, who dread the thought of being selected. Yes, I know the pay is subpar and that there is a lot of pressure as your decision can deeply effect the life of someone. But, I am sure I could handle that pressure, and I’m willing to give up the pay to gain this experience. I think I’m a rational and understanding person who would be able to think through the issue, see both sides of the argument and make the correct decision regarding the trial.
The Problem with completing this is that the selection process is randomly done, well the first part at least. You have to be called in by the county/state for the selection process; some people are called multiple times… some never. Then even if you get called in, the attorneys pick who they want to sit on the trail based on strategy on who they think you will side with, their client or the opposition.  So this is something I really have no control over unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment