Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oct 13th - Naming

October 13th, 2010


Have something named in my honor

So this one is really vague, and I guess really simplistic and maybe shallow… but yeah It’d be cool to have something named after me. I guess it really boils down to the desire to have yourself remembered when you pass on. I know a lot of things that are named after influential people, end up being mentioned like this.

Dude : “So why is this building named Jacobson Hall?”

Dudette : “I’d know some old guy I guess”

Dude : “Must have had a lot of money”*

I’d settle for something small, it doesn’t have to be a big fancy building, or a street. Just something that hopefully won’t be changed later… like poor Lenin getting everything named in his honor changed to Stalin a few decades later.

Back in high school we used to have these super long and boring awards days that we had to sit through in the high school gym at the end of the year. The Sr. Awards day was its own 3 hour block where every scholarship winner or even remote and small prize winner was singled out. My friends and I used to give out our own scholarship will sitting on the bleachers… by the end we even had an application prize and I think our Sr. year the scholarship recipient got a whole dollar… but maybe something named after me, but not named by me ;)



*Also, let’s face it… I’d be cool with being known as an old guy with a lot of money… Heck having a lot of money could and may be an entry later on this list lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment