Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oct. 5th - Job

October 5th
Get a Job
Awesome Job Pictures, Images and Photos
Yes, I’m out of work right now*, but I’m also thinking more long term with this one. Like finding a job I’m going to like for the long haul. It seems like a lot of people now days switch jobs all the time. While When I was working my last job with hotels I worked at 3 different hotels (same company though) and it doesn’t even seem like it’s uncommon in that industry to switch employers multiple times. A lot of people I know have worked two or three full time jobs. I guess it just seems like most people these days never find a job they really like** for the long term. Both of my parents have pretty much solely worked one job their entire lives. My mom had a brief position as a bank cashier while looking for a teaching job, and my Dad did some other part time jobs until he was able to get into farming enough to do it full time, but they have both been doing their jobs for over 30 years, it just seems crazy and I don’t know if I will ever have a job that I will have/like that long. In fact most studies now days say people in my generation will change careers/job fields at least 3 times… let alone individual jobs/employers in those fields. I guess this is just another one of those ways in which society has evolved over time.
*Redacted as I just accepted a job offer this afternoon, about 30 minutes after writing this
**Is it even possible to really, really like your job? I know many people say they do, but I’ve always wondered if they weren’t more attached to the idea of having a job, the money they make, Liking it over their other alternatives or the standing it gives them. Opposed to the actual job/work itself.  I’ve always wondered this, I suppose it’s possible but I’d say maybe 1/50 people at the most actually find this.

2 oil workers talking (EIS0030H) Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment