Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oct. 10th - Journal

October 10th, 2010


Keep a Journal for an Entire Year

paper Pictures, Images and Photos

I admire people who are able to keep a journal for any significant amount of time, my personal best is like two weeks… and that’s the only one I actually have saved so pretty pitiful.* I think it would be fun to have basically an entire year of my life recorded. Sure I know a lot of it would be boring as honestly I don’t do a lot of exciting or noteworthy things in my daily life. A friend and I had a discussion about taking photos, and we discussed how many photo worthy experiences we had, this year basically we decided that while there aren’t a lot of these experience in a year it’s fun to have them to look back on. So it would certainly be fun to review 10 years later right? I think this will be a “New Year’s Resolution” for myself this year.

Also think of all the famous people throughout history who have kept long running journals and produce a “memoir” when they are older. So I think this is a very worthwhile pursuit.



*Note I was thinking about how in 5th grade we had to keep some sort of Journal… so that would be my longest running one I guess, but I remember I never took that seriously and made up stuff to fit the requirements the easiest way possible sometimes since we had themes and topics to write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment