Sunday, July 3, 2011

Thoughts - Grandma's Shed

So for a blog series this month I thought I would just mention or talk about one thing that crossed my mind each day.

Day 3

Today I went up to my Grandmas to visit and help her clean out this storage shed that sits next to her house. The shed was actually originally built for my Great Grandmother. Inside the shed was a mess because the roof had been leaking for years, magazines and boxes littered the ground in various stages of rot. We knew it was going to be a big/dirty job as it was something that had been put off for a long time, but we made quite a bit of progress. Cleaning this out though is what spurred on my thought topic for the day.

1. The main reason we got work today was because we were trying to dig out this old rug loom that belonged to my Great-Grandmother. It is going to be display this fall at the Museum as part of our "Life before Electricity" exhibit. It looks like it took an extraordinary amount of time just to thread the loom, while the actual process of making the rugs wouldn't have been that hard. So I'm not sure if we will ever get it re-thread correctly again. Also it is in great shape considering how horribly everything else in that shed held-up over the years, it wouldn't take much to get it running again.

Photobucket

2. We found this skeleton in the shed and we all had a big debate as to what animal it might have been.

Photobucket

I am going with a raccoon.... but John was thinking it was a cat.




No comments:

Post a Comment