Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Thoughts - Harry Potter

Day 20

The last week or so Facebook and other social media has been flooded with post from people in my age range and younger lamenting the end of the last of their childhood now that Harry Potter is over. Maybe I'm insensitive because I wasn't a big Harry Potter fan growing up, but all this just seems silly to me.

First, the last book came out over 5+ years ago (too lazy to look it up)... so shouldn't they have felt this way then? Maybe they did and it was just that facebook wasn't that popular then so I didn't have to read about everyone complain about it.

Second, why can't they go back and still remember it just as fondly? I mean I have went back and watched all of the G.I. Joe series from the 80's because I liked G.I. Joe when I was a kid. Sure some things are best left in nostalgia... but books tend to hold up much longer, and if its truely a classic it can stand the test of time.

Finally, I'm usually pumped up for the grand finale of things... it seems like the Harry Potter fans where pumped up until about 2 weeks before the movie came out then turned into a bunch of depressed woe is me, my childhood is gone, babies who need attention and condolences from other fans that they are all in the same boat.

Harry Potter Pictures, Images and Photos

Blah sorry todays thought was a rant.

P.S. the movie was pretty good, so this shouldn't be taken as an attack on the Harry Potter series.

No comments:

Post a Comment