Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thoughts - Money

So for a blog series this month I thought I would just mention or talk about one thing that crossed my mind each day.

Day 2

So today I was thinking that this month I need to fill out a money spreadsheet to track my spending. I used to do this fairly frequently, but haven't in over a year now. Basically I have a few Excel spreadsheets I designed to track all the money I spend/make/waste over the month and break down how I stand for the month.

I haven't done it since I worked at the hotel and had that income/expense reports to deal with and was living in my apartment in Indianapolis, I used to think this was fun to do so I think it'll be worthwhile to do one again just to see how I am doing.

I guess this came up because I was thinking about how to budget the money I just made working for my Dad the last few days on baling straw. There are several things I need to get such as new glasses that I have been needing to take care of for a long time that I think I'll buy with that money. As well as making several small adjustments with my spending habits such as cutting back to one movie a month on my netflix account.


No comments:

Post a Comment