Friday, July 1, 2011

Thoughts 1 - Captain America

So for a blog series this month I thought I would just mention or talk about one thing that crossed my mind each day.

Day 1

So while I was driving the baler today during our epic straw baling madness (1700 bales the last 2 days), the radio was talking about what movies where coming out this weekend. None of the new releases really jumped out at me as something I had to see, however I was surprised that "Captain America: The First Avenger" is not coming out this weekend. Fourth of July weekend seems like the perfect weekend for a Super Hero named Captain America... right? I looked it up and the film doesn't release till July 22nd.

Captian America Pictures, Images and Photos

The only reason I see for not releasing it is that maybe the 4th of July weekend is a bad weekend for movies due to people going to cook-outs and fireworks instead of going to the theatre? Movie producers love having huge opening weekends so I guess this is a legit reason to hold Captain America back...


Though a negative thought might be.... that if the people who did go see movies this weekend liked it they could generate a lot of support in the following weeks to keep the movie #1, so maybe they aren't releasing it this week because they are afraid it won't get the support to hold multiple weeks at #1 and thus need to have the great opening weekend. Marvel already gave Thor the better release date in May (seems like a lot of the summer blockbusters release in May) so maybe Marvel isn't expecting a lot from the Captain?

No comments:

Post a Comment