Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thoughts - Drive-In

Day 17

Last night Erin and I went to the Skyline Drive-In to see Harry Potter and then the second feature which was the Zookeeper. This was my first time ever going to the drive-in, lots of people have told me throughtout the years that I should go sometime and that its a good experience. I had mostly resisted knowing that the picture quality/sound quality is better in a movie theatre. However, the skyline is a really good deal price wise and Erin didn't want to go to a crowded theatre since this was Harry Potter's opening weekend, being the final film we knew it would be crowded.

The website said to get there at 7... so we did.... and well we had a nice long wait, since we had to wait till it was dark (9:45ish) before it started. The quality of the movie was better than I thought it would be and the speakers in my car hold up well soundwise. One thing you don't really evade is your neighbors... Erin was worried about being in a crowded area... it wasn't crowded but we could hear the people on one side of us talking/opening their car door a lot and the people on the other side chain smoked the whole time, though smoking doesn't really bother me I could see it really bothering some other people.

My only real complaint was how late it is when that second movie ends... We didn't get back to my house until after 2 A.M. but as the year goes on that will change once its get dark sooner... I will say Erin and I will go be going back in the future, on nights when they play 2 movies we want to see... well we just can't beat that value.

No comments:

Post a Comment