Monday, July 11, 2011

Thoughts - Apartment

Day 11

So today I was chatting with my friend Steve about how he and his girlfriend were apartment hunting and how much he was hating the search. I was thinking back to when I had to find an apartment a couple years ago for when I was working at the Candlewood Suites in Indianapolis. To be honest I didn't really hate looking that much, I just hated the thought of having to spend all the money for some place to live. The looking around wasn't too bad... I did most of it online and then mapped it out and drove around, most places I didn't even go to the office at after seeing them in person.

I did have a major advantage over him though in that I was moving to Indianapolis and he is looking in Franklin so less options and probably more individualy owend properties, which means less stuff listed on the internet.

What I found to be the most frustrating thing was that the prices weren't always as listed.... they'd often be sold out of that type... or only have that rate for low income renters... which those did suck because you went out there listened to their talk and then get hit with what you weren't expecting.

I wish him the best of luck in his quest though.

No comments:

Post a Comment