Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thoughts - Ice Machine

Day 26

So todays thought was inspired by a lady at the Circle K trying to buy a polar pop... and the thought is wow... some people are desparte to get the good "crunchy" ice in their poplar pops here in Greensburg.

So I walk into the Circle K planning on getting a polar pop, and notice a lady trying to get ice out of the one side of the machine... though the sound I hear is that it is out of ice. (like usual, the good side is almost always out of ice or out of order) I stop to look at the potato chips, Molten Lava Buffalo Wing Ruffles in particular, and begin to debate if I just want to grab a bag of chips for lunch, or head into town and grab a sandwhich.

Meanwhile, this lady is still trying to get ice out of the machine... she'll press the cup to the ice, grrrrr the machine grinds for about 5-6 seconds and you here maybe a piece of ice fall out into her cup, and she waits for 10-15 seconds then once again presses the cup to the machine grrrrrr it grinds again... and repeats this process over and over.

I finally grab the bag of chips and walk down the next isle slowly and then take my place in line to get a drink, and hear her talking on the phone to someone about how she is at the Circle K and they are out of ice as usual... and has a grumpy look on her face... all the while trying to squeaze some more ice out of the machine... seriously she could have maybe 7-8 pieces of ice in there total and I'd guess she's been trying to get ice out of it for 5-6 minutes by now as she was there before I came in.

Eventually Its my turn to get a drink and I fill my cup with some diet Pepsi and am putting the lid on when she turns to me and says "stupid things out of ice"

to which I reply... it says its out of order... pointing to the red sign that does infact state the machine is out of order...

However, she just continues "It always says that" and gives a sigh of displeasure as I walk away thinking how sad is it that you keep trying to get ice from the machine that is clearly out of it....

I wait in line to pay for my drink and chips and she is still there trying to get ice as I leave the store...

Just a sad waste of time really... what did she expect to happen? it magicaly start working and produce some ice for her?

No comments:

Post a Comment