Saturday, July 9, 2011

Thoughts - Fair

Day 9

Today Erin and I drove by the fairgrounds just to see how busy it was (we didn't go in tonight) and were talking about how intersting it is that the Decatur County Fair is still such a big event in the community. Erin was talking about knowing people who spend a bunch of money there instead of going to a vacation. I have heard stories of people taking the week off work and just using the fair as a family vacation, I mean it is sort of a budget saving thing.

The draw of the fair is certainly big though, the rest of the town was dead for an average Saturday night, and I know Erin and I will go to the fair atleast one night this week. I was telling her how when I was in  4-H I was there more than I was home that week of the year since I had so many projects and showed so many animals. Thursday projects went in, Friday projects went in, Saturday rabbits, chickens, and goats checked in, Sunday hogs checked in, Monday was chicken show, Tuesday was rabbit show, Wednesday was hog show, Thursday was goat show and Friday was the livestock sale... so yeah I was there a ton of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment