Friday, July 8, 2011

Thoughts - foursquare

Day 8

There is an application called FourSquare for smartphones that I downloaded onto Erin's Iphone and have been making her use when we go places together. I downloaded it a couple weeks ago, but today I noticed i have actually been using it more and more and really like it. I wonder how long it'll take before Erin gets fed up with me stealing her phone to make us check in places.

If you don't know what FourSquare is, its just a simple application that logs in different places you have visited via GPS. If you go to someplace more than anyone else you recieve the title of "Mayor" of that place. There is a whole marketing side to the system where they try to give you special deals and things to visit different places, as well as badges you can earn for doing certain things like visiting so many resturants and other little challenges.

So far I've only really got us signing into places where we visit, we have yet to be named the Mayor of anywhere or even use any of the discounts/advice they offer on the application but maybe someday I'll get us more involved... I mean after all we logged into 6 different places today.

No comments:

Post a Comment