Tuesday, February 1, 2011

28 Things - Light Fixture

28 Things


28 Thing Is a blog series in which I will briefly talk about a different thing in my room every day, and post a picture of said item. Today is the first day in the series that will run through the month of February.

February 1st


My light fixture,

Photobucket

Photobucket

It’s kind of ugly right? This is actually the thing that inspired this series as one morning I was laying in bed looking at it again and thinking about how it has always been an ugly and strange light fixture. I imagine it’s the original fixture that was put in when the house was built which would make it around 80 years old. It has some plaster on the base from when my parents stripped all of the wallpaper out of this room around 16 years ago and then re-plastered the ceiling. I think those little blue things on the base are supposed to be flowers.

I remember when I was little I imagined it looked sort of like a face looking down at the floor, with the part where the light bulb screws in being the mouth. Thus the white light bulb was like a drop of spit that the face was spitting out at the ground. The angle of the picture does this imagery no justice though. Also at night when the light from the hallway shines in on it, the shadow it makes on the opposite wall looks like a pawn from a chess set which is kind of cool I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment