Wednesday, February 16, 2011

28 Things - Game Gear

28 Thing Is a blog series in which I will briefly talk about a different thing in my room every day, and post a picture of said item.
February 16th - Game Gear


Photobucket

I got this Game Gear for my birthday when I was in 2nd grade, it was and has been the only handheld I have ever owned… and I must say it was awesome. My sister and Mom have become big handheld players starting with Nintendo’s GameBoy color, but I’ve stayed pretty much to console play. It’s sad the Sega dropped out of the hand held market so early as like most things, they were way ahead of their time. Game Gear had a color screen! This was years before GameBoy color was released by Nintendo. I don’t think the selection of game titles was as expansive as GameBoy’s at the time, but it was certainly adequate enough. Everyone I know who has owned one of these loved it, the only problem was you had to have a wall or car adaptor to play one of these… as it drained batteries… all 8 AA batteries that it required in very little time. If those Energy Efficiently ratings existed back when these were made I’m sure it would have failed and probably came with a skull and crossbones warning or something. Its 8 AA’s would allow you to play 9 innings of the baseball game I had…and then that was it.

Game Gear Logo Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment