Friday, February 11, 2011

28 Things - 4-H

28 Thing Is a blog series in which I will briefly talk about a different thing in my room every day, and post a picture of said item.




February 11th - 4-H medals

Photobucket

I was really big into 4-H in my local county where I was a full 10 year member and was also 4-H King my 10th year. I started in 4-H in the 4th grade with 4 projects; electric, swine, rabbits, and aerospace (model rockets). I ended up finishing in the course of my 10 year over 100 projects so as you can tell I expanded just a little ;) The projects I took changed from year to year; dropping some, continuing some, picking up new ones. Projects I took in addition to the previous four included; Goats, Chickens, Ratites, Cats, Soy beans – grain, Soybean – plan, Corn – Grain, Corn – Plant, Wheat, Garden, Weeds, Hay, Models, Collections, Leadership and probably some others I can’t recall right now. Some of the projects where a lot of work, some weren’t. But I enjoyed the challenge and loved showing something almost every day at the fair. Of all the projects I took Rabbits and Swine I completed every year for the full 10 years. The medallion on the left is for being a 10 year member in Rabbits, and the medal on the right is what I received for being 4-H King.

No comments:

Post a Comment