Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Notebook:

Super Bowl Notebook


So since I’m sitting here and getting ready to watch the SuperBowl, and to be honest I’m not that excited for it this year. It’s always more interesting when my team the Colts are in it, but alas they are out this year. Anyway since I’m watching it with Kong and my Dad I figured I’d attempt to do what I did for the Winter Olympic opening ceremony… a running commentary of my thoughts.

So without further ado here were go…

I’m rooting for Green Bay over the Steelers… reasoning? The Steelers knock out the Colts from time to time in a famous Kordell Stewart running out of bounds and coming back in to illegally catch a pass for a touchdown against the Colts in the AFC Championship game in I believe 1996! Ugh Also the Steelers have won the Super Bowl more often and more recently.

So Mascot Battle… Packers vs Steelers

Packers… kill animals and make it so we can eat them

Steelers… make steel so that we can build buildings and cars and stuff

I’m sure if I watched a modern documentary on those jobs I’d find a lot of it is done my machines and isn’t as cool or as tough as I imagine it… so I’ll go with older view like 1920’s…

In the Book “The Jungle” everyone knows that the main character works in the packing yards of Chicago… well he also worked in a steel foundry for a brief amount of time. So I’m thinking old time like that, so lets break it down.

Packers… used to the Cold - Steelers… used to the Heat

But.. it’s an indoor game so this is neutral

Jargius last like 2 years as a killer on the packers floor, but only a month at the foundry before he is hurt. So does that mean that the steelers have an advantage for being tougher? Or does that mean that they are just more injury prone?

Overall I’m going with Packers… because they are covered in blood and can endure the stench of their place of employment… also they put bacon on our plates!

Armed forces tribute…. I respect the military, but a lot of time the military tributes feel felt thrown in, and not genuine. American the Beautiful… everyone looks bored… they want the National Anthem, so that the game can start… this is just the opening act.

Christina Aguilera for the National Anthem…. I don’t like it when people stretch out every word of the song and make all the pitch changes when they hold out the notes. You don’t have to showboat on it, it’s not about you… Also she sucked at singing it tonight.

The Commercials are a pretty big thing when we are sitting here debating as to whether or not these are the start of the important commercials to watch, or are they just old ones. Here’s to a new etrade baby commercial, they are some of the best nowadays.

Coin toss ceremony… Boring…. This is like the only time people really care about the thing, and its only because they want us to care and thus draw it out into a 3 min production.

And now the game starts…

Fumble! Almost had our first big moment as two Green Bay teammates get into each other’s space and cause a muffed punt return.

First batch of commercials… meh… Bud Light is the best thus far. I was expecting more of a payoff for the Doritios commercial and the Audi one was just too long.

2nd batch of commercials… the Doritios one was just weird…. Chevy blah… Pepsi Max… ok that was funny at the end.

3rd batch over commercials.. Bud Light product placement was good, as was the sliverado guy saving people.

John Madden is sitting next to former Pres George W Bush

Crazy bets you can make on the super bowl, include.. what color Gatorade the winning coach will have dumped on him.

Green Bay scores…. You get a feeling this could be a blow out

4th commercial… Pepsi is into hitting people with cans, Doritos.. boring this time

I realized my commercial comments are going to be hard to understand, but I don’t have time to describe them, and I don’t expect anyone to read this rambling by me.

Cowboys vs Aliens.. epic name.. but the movie might suck.. I still want to see it though.

Interception Green Bay… Big Ben got pressured and threw up a duck… returned for a touch down! Yep I’m thinking a blow out.

Excessive Celebration after a touchdown should not be a penalty… and it should defiantly not be a penalty in the Super Bowl when you emotions are so high! If you don’t want the people to celebrate against you… don’t let them score simple as that.

Reply all email commercial… alright, Volt commercial bland, Go Daddy… boring. Thus far I’m unimpressed by the commercials if you can’t tell.

Pittsburg with a FG to prove they aren’t going to roll over… 14-3 Packers on top.

I have a feeling I’m going to stop posting about commercials until I see another good one.

Volkswagen little Darth Vader commercial… good! It’s in the running for best one tonight.

It doesn’t seem like advertising a movie would go over well / be worth the money for a super bowl spot.

Green Bay with another Interception! They are beating up on Ben R. tonight.

TOUCHDOWN GREENBAY.. 21-3

A car with Facebook news feed… idk if this a good sign for humanity or not… I’m guessing not.

Captian America and Thor coming out this summer, sounds like this summer will be a better summer for movies than last summer.

Is the turf here hard or something? Seems like everyone is hurting their shoulders after going to the ground hard. Everyone is getting hurt… my Dad just said that this will be called the Injury Bowl.

Pittsburg scores 21-10, keeping themselves in the game and taking advantage of Green Bays secondary now that they have 2 starters in the locker room. The announcer just said it looks like Green Bays defense is holding a team meeting in the locker room due to injuries.

Half-Time – Black Eyed Peas have the show… they certainly have to be better than the Who’s cracking voices last year. But can they beat Prince as the best halftime show I remember? I don’t really like Prince but he was the best I can remember.

Groin Kick safe auto commercial… meh groin kicks are funny but since that commercial was like the third one tonight that featured a groin hit… its getting old tonight.

“Sounds of the Game” is boring, I don’t care what the mics picked up players saying unless its mean or dirty and they aren’t going to play that on TV.

Black Eyed peas… are ok, nothing too special, they didn’t sound that great in the big arena sound system.

However, Slash’s guest appearance was really good.

Usher’s on the other hand… just showed me that he is single handily keeping Boy Band Dancing alive.

Also I think Will.i.Am just called out Obama?

I wouldn’t want to be one of the back ground dancers who has to dance with a box on their head.

Overall ranking of their show… ok, better than the Stones and Who, worse than Paul McCartney and Prince.

So in my waiting for the game to start I took a look at Yahoo news and it appears that Christina Aguilera was as bad as I said… in fact worse as she left out a whole line in the national anthem. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Christina-Aguilera-goofs-up-the-National-?urn=nfl-317568

Green Bay just got screwed on that facemask penalty

Etrade Baby! Good commercial, I don’t know if it’s the tops tonight in the top 3 for sure, but most of tonight has been mediocre.

Pittsburg is taking it to Green Bay now, this may end up being a really good game.

Packers getting some momentum back with a stop and a badly missed FG by Pittsburg.

A lot of Chrystler commercials and a 2nd commercial featuring Eminem, kind of surprising he’d get that much love today.

Pittsburg is winning the mind game; they just baited Green Bay into a personal foul on that last punt.

End of the 3rd Quarter.. Yep I’ve defiantly slowed down on my comments.

Green Bay forces a fumble and recover it! They needed that as Pittsburgh’s running game and been pushing them around this half.

Nelson for the Packers isn’t going to sleep well tonight… 4 dropped passes…

As soon as I write that he catches a big one for over 35 yards.

Touch Down Green Bay!

My Dad is on the phone with one of his friends whose feed gets what is happening about 3 seconds before us.. they are having some interesting conversation arguing about what is and isn’t happening.

Touch Down Pittsburgh, I will admit I was totally wrong in thinking this might be a blow out earlier tonight. Pittsburgh going for two….

And they get it on the little option pitch, nice play you don’t see that one in the NFL that much.

I enjoyed the commercial of House spoofing the old “Mean Joe Green” Coke commercial.

I feel like I should be more excited for this game since it’s so close and has been really good thus far. Just can’t get into that much since the Colts aren’t playing and I have no vested interest in either team winning this game. This is why people gamble on sports, makes every game exciting. That is what makes me want to go to Vegas for the first weekend of March Madness.

Packers hit a FG 31-25 with a little over 2 minutes to play

Pittsburgh gets caught with a personal foul, great turn for the Packers having them pinned back. However, Big Ben has won two Super Bowls already and game winning drives in the last 2 minutes are when legends are made…

Note I hope he doesn’t do a legend making drive…

4th down… they have to go for it….Stopped by Green Bay, all they have to do is take a knee now. That’s the game!

Well the Packers win, they are going to Disney World!

That’s the end of my commentary, ended up being over 4 pages long… so if you read all of this? I’m surprised and you are like my biggest fan or something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment