Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 28th - Deaths

So this blog was created out of the shock and awe this week has produced when it comes to famous people dieing... I mean I can't remember a week in my life that this many famous deaths occured. Ed McMahon, Fara Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and Billy Mays all this week!. Jackson and Mays only being 50 years old each.




However thats only 4 names, and thus can't meet the requirements of a summer six pack, so here is my list of 6 deaths / events causing death that I remember from my life time. I.E. like all of our Grandparents remember where they were when J.F.K. died or Elvis ect.





1. 9/11



Pretty Big day that still causes ripples world wide.



2. Princess Di



I remember all of the big news and tributes of the time.



3. Ronald Regan



When Presidents die it seems like all of the bad stuff people ever said about them is instantly forgotten.



4. Michael Jackson



Yes its still a fresh event, but when people ask me to name off the 6 famous deaths that occurred in my lifetime a few years from now I wouldn't be surprised if I come up with his name.



5. Pope John Paul II



I remember sitting in my dorm room and listening to all of the tributes and great things about the man on pretty much every TV station that week.



6. Heath Ledger



I suspect this one will fall off my list shortly, but with the Dark Knight being such a recent hit its fresh in memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment