Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25th - Pets

Today’s list: Top Six Pets I’ve owned


I’ve owned multiple pets throughout the years, some for a long time and some just briefly (barn cats, fish – never had good luck with fish, and for a brief period of time we went through several stray dogs quickly) On this list I won’t post any of the goats, pigs, chickens, or rabbits that I have had even though most of those were named (except the chickens), I guess this is the desensitized farm kid in me who understood their purpose and has ate an animal he named without feeling bad.

This list suffers from two things; 1. A lack of a lot of photos (though this might be a blessing for page loading speeds) and 2. My memory being skewed towards more recent pets; Buck was the first pet I remember… he was a big black dog and I was told he ran away one day (found out later he was hit on the road), other than that I’ve got nothing to go on. Those points mentioned, on with the list!



1 & 2 (Tie) Fudge and Peppy

Honestly I can’t divide these two up, they were a team and seldom apart after the winter storm when I was in second grade. Peppy was my Grandpa’s dog and she and my Grandma’s dog (a dalmation named Mitzy) would come down to our house some days. Fudge with his little short legs couldn’t keep up with them, but that winter the roads were so icy they couldn’t run on them and he could keep up. The rest is history, Fudge being the bark and Peppy being the bite. both lived to over 14 years old, sadly they aren’t with us anymore.



3. Kong

Kong may be a lazy cat (I claim he is training for the synchronized cat napping Olympic event) and a scaredy cat (You probably won’t meet him until you have been to the house a few times) as well as a drooling cat (not fun when he starts drooling on you). But I like him anyway ;)



4. Mousetrap

This was Kong’s mother, and for a little tiny cat she was certainly one thing… a baby making machine! Kong was from her first litter a modest three kitten batch, however from then on she wasn’t holding back, if I remember correctly her last litter she raised number fourteen!



5. Furball

This is one where my memory is skewed and I’m going into the way back machine. We had Furball before we got Fudge so it was before I finished 1st grade. He or she (sorry can’t remember) was a long haired gray cat.



6. Pepper

I like pepper don’t get me wrong, but she had to follow a tough act as being bought as Peppy’s replacement, combined with the fact that I haven’t been home during the majority of the time the family had her.

No comments:

Post a Comment