Friday, June 5, 2009

Jun. 5th - Hanna-Barbara

- Six favorite Hanna Barbara Characters




When it comes to Old School Cartoons, I always think back to when I was in elementary school and on the rare occasions I’d have to ride the bus home, or I was sick from school I’d spend the afternoon/day at my Grandma’s house. Now we didn’t have satellite TV at the time, and Grandma and Grandpa did and they had some cool channels… the Disney Channel of course (Under the Umbrella Tree and this old school live action Whiney the Pool are two I really remember from Disney) and this other new channel that was just starting out… Cartoon Network!

Now back in the early 90’s Cartoon Network showed a ton of old Hanna Barbara Cartoons, so here is my list.. Top 6 Hanna Barbara Characters



1. Top Cat

Top Cat Sig Pictures, Images and Photos







Top Cat is my personal favorite Hanna Barbara Character, I’m not sure why but I just think he is cool all around.





2. Yogi Bear



He might be a big thief when it comes to stealing picnic baskets, but Yogi has always been a cool character in my book.



Yogi Bear Pictures, Images and Photos



3. Birdman – this will surprise some people, but I might just be feeling negstoligic today while writing this, but I remember watching this show a lot after school at my Grandma & Grandpas… why Birdman (who got his power from the sun) Always had to fight people underground or in non-sunlit places was troublesome for him but he always got it taken care of. Most people only know him from his newer Adult Swim appearance as an attorney at all, but he was originally a smart crime fighting super hero.







4. The Jetsons


I like the Jetsons and the funky retro-future 60’s colors they used in that cartoon!







5. The Wacky Races – I always rooted for the Slag Brothers when I was little, but The Gruesome Twosome and Arkansas Chugabug are also really cool as well. Though I never liked Peter Perfect, the Red Baron, or Penelope Pitstop.







6. The Herculoids



Another throw back just like Birdman, most people haven’t heard of it, but I really liked them when they used to be on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment