Friday, June 19, 2009

June 19th - Websites

So I’m online a lot, thus the inspiration for today’s Summer Six Pack. Short and simple but, my six most frequented websites.




1. Mail.theworthingtongroup.com and webmail.purdue.edu

I’m combining this one since they are my two email accounts, the first one is where my work email is located at and the second is for my personal email.



2. Google.com



Boring choice, I know, but this is where all of my many random web searches begin.



3. Yahoo.com



Not for websearches, but for news related items (mainly sports) and the inspiration for a lot of my web searches as I’ll start reading an article here and wind up some place totally different.



4. Casttv.com



Website with a huge collection of links to TV episodes online, I’m currently watching the Dexter TV series and am on the last season. This is where I go to find my episodes, I’ve utilized it to watch all of the Breaking Bad and Leverage series.



5. Mentalfloss.com



They claim to be “Where knowledge junkies get their fix” tons of interesting and random articles on this site. Check out their quizzes for some entertainment sometime, for example they have one quiz called “Discontinued Ben & Jerry’s flavor or Band I found on Myspace”. You’re Guaranteed to learn at least one random fact here.









6. Hobowars.com



At one time this would have been #1 on the list by a long shot, but my addiction has

Drastically lowered, I thought about not putting it on the list as I recently went a week without logging on. But I decided by multi-year addiction to the game meant it had to remain on the list.







Honorable mentions: myspace.com (especially when I’m on a blog roll like now), Sundaysaver.com (to look up grocery store bargains), Wikipedia (say what you want but it’s a good source of pop culture info), imdb.com (for all your movie and tv show information – mainly to look up actors/ress)



No comments:

Post a Comment