Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 27th - Class Reunion

So My 5 year Class Reunion was today, which is the inspiration for this summer six pack blog.






Top 6 observations from my class reunion.



1. Not many people showed up



I realize eating at the country club kind of seemed out of the element for of class, it was expensive and not really the best atmosphere. (let alone the fact that Greensburg country club is want-to-be fancy. The food is nothing special any time I've eaten there and their building doesn't provide a welcoming or even fancy atmosphere). But I really thought there would be more people at the reunion given how close most of us still live to the area. I'd say less than a 1/3 of the class showed up. I wonder if we will even have another reunion honestly.









2. A lot of people I thought for sure would show up didn't



Honestly there were at least 10 people I thought for sure would be there who didn't show up. A majority of these were people who were really popular in high school and I know are still around in the area.









3. A lot of people who I didn't expect to see at all did show up



By the same token there were at least 3 or 4 people there who I would have never guessed would show up.







4. In a 5 year period a lot of people get married and/or have kids



Wow I'm still the single loser I was in high school, seems like half of the class is already married. Here I am the guy who hasn't even had a serious relationship in that period of time.











5. It is awkward showing up over 100 lbs lighter than you were in high school.



People don't recognize you, and you have to introduce yourself to people you graduated high school with... this is umm strange.









6. It was nice to talk to a lot of people I haven't seen or heard from in 5 years.



I thought I would really dislike going to the reunion, but it was a nice chance to talk to some people I haven't seen in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment