Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November Thoughts - World Records

Adventures in dumb world records.... I'm a competitive person, earlier today I was bragging about being able to reprogram my desk phone faster than Jennifer one of my co-workers could reprogram hers. (and yes she claimed she didn't know it was a competition, but I still declare victory). But sometimes you have to wonder why do we have certain records and why do they make news?




Earlier today a man broke the record for distance pulling a double decker tour bus with is hair... yes there is a world record for that. Previously he had failed to break the record for pulling the bus with his ears :S I'm sure there is probably a record for pulling it with your teeth as well but really who cares other than the dude who holds it?



Not to say some obscure records aren't cool... Like Mr. Chestnut who holds the record for eating the most hot dogs, thats cool. What would make it dumb... if there was a seperate record holder for the person who could eat the most hot dogs with poppyseed buns



The guy who has the record of pulling a bus the farthest with his body is cool as well, but do we need to have subdivisions... this guy is the best bus puller with his hair, this guy with his ears, this guy with his teeth... and I cringe to think but I'm betting there is a record for pulling it with an intimate body part :




So lets umm try to cut our some absurdity with world records and keep them cool :)



Any other suggestions for weird World Records?

No comments:

Post a Comment