Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November Thoughts - Where's George

• Nov 18


So I'm sure you have seen it by now as it has been around for quite some time, you get some change back and on your dollar bill is stamped wheresgeorge.com. You also probably know that website was built so people can get on and see where all the places their dollar has stopped. But if you’re like me you said oh that's a cool idea and then proceeded to never go there.



In fact now it’s kind of annoying to see that stamped on your dollar bill, and it hasn't interested me in a long time, but today I got a dollar with that stamped on it and needed something to write about so I decided to check it out. Unfortunately though I spent that dollar last night to buy a drink at the hotel, so I had to attempt to look up the other five dollars I have with me right now.



And after entering all 5 of those dollars.... I struck out, all where first entries into the system. So I don't have any exciting stories to tell you unless I make one up, thus I had to explore the site. It turns out the most entered bill has only been sent in 15 times, which I suppose is pretty good seeing how you have to get that many people to take the time to report it, though its last report was made in 2005 so its probably dead now :(



The second most traveled bill has been entered 14 times and looking through its log it has an interesting history where one guy found it in a coke bottle on the beach, then through it back into the water and the next report was from a guy who received it from someone who said it was found on a fishing trip.



The site has some interesting links if you want to burn some spare time and it has been operating since 1998! Overall I rate the site worth looking at, but I won't be coming back to log all of my dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment