Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November Thoughts - The Eagles

• Nov 24


So I was talking with a good friend that goes way back about the bad "The Eagles" today. You know how some songs always make you think of a certain person or event? Well I can't listen to the Eagles without thinking of driving around in my Monte Carlo back in high school. I had the Eagles Greatest hits and I think we seriously listened to that song every day while crusin around after school. Makes me think of rolling down 421 before the Honda plant with my hand out my window. Good times.







It was and still is mandatory for everyone in my car to sing along with Hotel California whenever it comes on. (One of a select few songs like that including Don't Stop Believing by Journey, Come Sail away by Styx and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen). I have other songs that I associate with people and events I think everyone does, but that entire band I associate with fall-spring 2003-2004.



Closet thing to it is associating Jimmy Buffet with my Dad as he used to have a ton of his cassettes that we would listen to in his truck when I was little.



No comments:

Post a Comment