Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful 8

~This Blog is part of a series for November, adapted from the series Erin is currently running over on her blog. For this month in honor of Thanksgiving I will release a blog every other day about something/one/idea I am Thankful for. I've broken the criteria down into a guideline of sorts that I will follow, the month will contain 5 People - 5 Things - 5 Ideas . The order that I post things in has no particular significance or ranking behind it.~


Computer
Things - 3

Of all the items I own, my computer is easily one of my most well used possessions. I'm on it at least an hour a day and probably closer to 3 hours a day average.... which is an 1/8 of the day... or over 45 days a year.... I'll stop my calculations at that before it starts to sound to depressing lol

My computer is my main form of communication with the world as well as entertainment, I use it for work and play, so its a fairly versitile piece for me and seems to be my major time waster.

It also stores some things that are really important to me such as all of my pictures from the last 6-7 years... I never go to get them printed, I just keep digital files which I would hate to lose for the sentimental value.

I have owned 3 computers thus far in my lifetime. ..

My first computer was an HP Laptop that I bought in the summer of 2004, before I went to Purdue for my freshman year... I must say while I felt a ton of buyers remorse buying it, I did get my money out of it. I used it heavily for 3 years when an accident involving a cup of water killed it. I was able to get it up and running again later by salvaging some parts off of my Dad's old laptop and most recently used it in the Summer of 2010... Its super outdated but still functions which is nice.

My second computer was a custom built Desktop computer I bought off of ebay after the previously mentioned "accident" that happened with the HP laptop. I really liked this computer and it was a major upgrade power wise over the HP. I did have to replace its power source once while at Purdue and then in 2010 something went wrong with the computer that I have never completely figured out or fixed... where the hard drive gets wiped after about a week of use.

In 2010 after issues arose with the desktop and I had to switch back to my old HP laptop I began searching for a new computer which is how I ended up with my current Dell laptop. I got it in September and have been very satisfied with it, and hopefully will be for at least another 2 years.

As I said I use my computer a ton, and its the one thing other than my car if it died or was destroyed I'd have to immediatly search for a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment