Sunday, November 20, 2011

Glasses

If you know me, you know that I wear glasses all of the time. I'm basically blind with out them, having to squint to see the big E at the eyedoctor.

I've gotten by since the summer of 2004 with this pair of glasses

Photobucket

As you can see they have seen much better days. I got this pair after I lost my previous pair while swimming in the brookville reservoir. One nose piece has been missing for a year and a half, the black paint on the frames is mostly gone leaving them silver, the plastic on the ear pieces is cracked and broken and the lenses are all scratched up. The lenses actually used to tint to a sunglasses like darkness in the sun, but now the most they do is get a slight yellow tint to them.

So with my glasses on my their last leg I decided I had better get to an eyedoctor for an update prescription and some new glasses. Being cheap and having a job without access to health insurance I headed to Walmart to see their optomitrist who surprised me by saying that my eyes had got slightly better.  (though I am still basically blind without my glasses) I looked at glasses there but they said the price of them would be around $140 for the lenses plus the cost of the frames. So I decided to go and look at some online places I had heard about. I ended up selecting eyebuydirect.com and with some help from Erin picked out some new glasses.



Photobucket


the prices there were actually really cheap, I got two pairs for $140, one pair I went with the higher grade lenses and the second pair I figured would be a back-up pair so I took a downgrade on the lenses, but am still really happy with them.

I went with "semi-rim" frames, which intersting fact I learned are held in with fishing line

Photobucket
pair 1 - my "good pair"

Photobucket
pair 2 - my "back-up"

No comments:

Post a Comment