Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

So today is 11-11-11 as well as being Veteran's Day.

I was just thinking about how intersted people get with certain dates... I guess I've been lucky enough to live through 01-01-01, 02-02-02,etc... and so forth... its the advantage of being alive at the turn of a century... most of the intersting dates won't happen again for another 100 years..

Well that is if the world doesn't in in 2012 when the Mayan Calendar ends...

I honestly don't get that excitied about dates on the calendar, I'll admit everyone at somepoint gets intersted/superstitious with numbers... I remember during the Summer Olympics in 2008, 8 is a lucky number in China so they reported a lot of people in China were trying to have babies on 08-08-08 which was during the time of the Olympic Games. Also having worked in a hotel I can tell you many more people than you would expect are superstitious about numbers, not wanting to travel on the 13th, and most hotel's don't even have a 13th floor.

I guess we should just be happy to be alive for these "special numbered dates"

Well I think I'm going to go to McDonalds here in a few mintures... in honor of 11-11-11 they are having Big Mac's for $1.11 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. *limit 11

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha...its kind of fun though just to believe. I was super excited when my twenty first birthday just happened to land on 7/7/07. It was cool in a way...a big birthday on a triple digit day....

    ReplyDelete