Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful 4

~This Blog is part of a series for November, adapted from the series Erin is currently running over on her blog. For this month in honor of Thanksgiving I will release a blog every other day about something/one/idea I am Thankful for. I've broken the criteria down into a guideline of sorts that I will follow, the month will contain 5 People - 5 Things - 5 Ideas . The order that I post things in has no particular significance or ranking behind it.~

Health
Ideas 2

Intersting that I am writing this topic up as I have been limping around on a sore back since the 4th, from most likely pushing myself too hard at the gym this last week.

However Health is something I'm thankful for, and I'm willing to admit the majority of my life I haven't been in the best of health by being massively over weight. I was pushing 300 lbs when I was 22 years old before making a major life change and turning it around.

Photobucket

Unfortunatly I then probably pushed it to far the other way, getting down to 153 lbs on my over 6'3 tall body.

That said I'm pretty close to a healthy weight now (slightly over but not too drastic) and overall losing that weight was a great thing, had I waited till later in life I would probably never lose it and be fat all my life. It also helped inspire confidence in myself that I could do things. I am glad that I don't have any major problems and that for the most part my family has been healthy as well. When it comes down to it, our health effects so much of our lives... small thing that is something genetically determined can destroy someones life, stop us from doing the things we love, and just cut of thousands of oppertunities and things we really should be thankful for.

I rarely get sick and while I'll probably become diabetic and have a bad back when I'm older from my genetic history.... well I can't  really complain in the long run.

Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself here because I currently don't have health insurance

1 comment:

  1. Jinx..ha ha...well I think you look pretty good :)Just keep exercising and staying healthy and you will be okay...

    ReplyDelete