Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful 3

~This Blog is part of a series for November, adapted from the series Erin is currently running over on her blog. For this month in honor of Thanksgiving I will release a blog every other day about something/one/idea I am Thankful for. I've broken the criteria down into a guideline of sorts that I will follow, the month will contain 5 People - 5 Things - 5 Ideas . The order that I post things in has no particular significance or ranking behind it.~


 
Dad
People - 1
 
Well since I mentioned him in my first two thankful post I figured he would be a good person to cover now. I'd have to say I have a great Dad, he has always been supportive and has really helped shape who I am today.
 
As I mentioned earlier he played a big part in my childhood, playing games, teaching me math, reading bed time stories, working with those horrible spelling test, we had to practice Monday-Thursday with him to pass our elementary spelling test as both Casey and I are horrible spellers just like him, which is why he had the patience to sit there and quiz us multiple times every night.
 
He has always loved games; video game, board games, made-up games... not so much sporting games though... (He wrestled in high school, but his brother and sister were more of the sports stars in the family)
-Board games.... he taught me chess when I was in first grade and still plays weekly with one of his friends in the winter. He is also one of the best Clue players I've met. When I was in 5th grade he bought us the game Warhammer 40k of which we spent many hours over the next 7-8 years playing together.
-Video games... He had a colecovision which was our first gaming console... from then on we were Nintendo loyal fans until the Xbox came out. He still has an Xbox360 that he plays a lot.
-Made up games.... well there was rope bridge wars... Dogs & Rabbits (which I don't think he made up but I don't know anyone else who knows it) and the G.I. Joe games we used to play when I was little.
 
When I totalled his truck he never said a mean thing to me about it, totally took it in stride and said it was his fault for making me drive it. He has always been supportive in that way... I remember telling him I didn't want to farm when I was little, and he always supported me in whatever I wanted to do.. I mean right now I'm back home living with them and he has never made me feel bad about being a college graduate who is living at home again.
 
  • So for being a great Dad I put him in this list.

1 comment:

  1. Awww.... your dad is pretty awesome. And great.

    ReplyDelete