Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Year in Review : Part 2

Year in Review


Note: This is the 2nd part of a four part series, the object being to give a quick review of my experiences in the year 2010. In this part I will cover the months of April, May, and June.



April – Easter and such



The major event in April was spending Easter with my family. I remember Mom worked to guilt Casey and I in to watching “The Easter Beagle”… not that great of a show. After that Casey and I worked on dying some Easter eggs of our own, including our attempt to produce the famous “pirate egg” (which is really just our effort every year to somehow make a black egg)



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Easter morning we ate breakfast and went to Church with Grandma, Grandpa and Pam like always and then headed to Grammy’s to spend the rest of the day with Mom’s side of the family.



Derek, Erica, Anita, and Joe brought the foreign exchange student they were housing with them, and events of the day included flying kites and a trip to the woods in which there was some getting wet and throwing of sticks into the water, as well as Howie getting some photo ops in a junk pile back there.



Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



I also really got into Xbox live this month, and enjoyed a few games of Civ Rev online with Bruce and Brock. However this would be short lived as near the end of the month I found myself packing up and moving home as the lease ran out on my apartment on the 24th, and with me being unemployed and no idea where my next job would be I moved home with my parents once again.





May – Homeward Bound



At the end of April I had packed up and moved home, so the start of this month was me settling back in at my parents. Casey’s Birthday was on the 6th, and Bruce’s wife Megan also had her birthday party around that time.



I remember going to the horse track in Andersonville I believe three times between the end of April and through May to watch my Grandpa’s horse run, but she never did very well in those races.



I guess overall May wasn’t that eventful, probably the biggest development was my group of friends getting into D&D 3.5, a game that would provide us a lot of fun over the course of the summer. With Casey moving back and being unemployed, myself being unemployed, and everyone else working Part time at Fedex or at Taco Bell we were able to get everyone together for a game session at least once a week if not twice.



A few days this month I helped my Dad in the fields but overall I was just a bum most of the month of May to be honest.



Photobucket



One last thing to mention was somewhere near the start of this month was the great Jack kidnapping, in which Jack the dog went missing… turns out he was picked up by someone driving by thinking he was their bosses dog who lived a few roads over, and had gotten lose. However, once their boss got home she realized Jack wasn’t her dog and set out to find the real owner…. She couldn’t find the owner and left him with a neighbor who called the pound on him.. so Jack was kidnapped.



Mom eventually found out he was being held for ransom at the pound and had to bail him out, which was crazy because she was giving him away in a week. But he is living happily now where he is an inside dog and gets to sleep in bed with his owners and has a lot of other dogs to play with.



June – Walking



My Birthday was on the 1st and my family and I went to the NASCAR grill to celebrate it, as well as my Dad’s birthday the next week.



Job wise this month I was still unemployed, but I began to start thinking about getting in shape again… and well I was in pitiful shape so I began to go for walks. At first they started out as 2-3 mile trips and I would take Pepper with me and sometimes Mom, Dad, or Casey would come along as well.



However as the summer would draw on these walks would become longer and longer until they would hit the 10 mile journeys I took almost every day in July. Infact a couple times I walked to St. Paul via the rail road tracks… in which I got these pictures over the Flat Rock River.



Photobucket



Photobucket



I also remember it raining a lot…. And getting stuck in the rain on walks quite often at the start of the month… but a little rain never killed anyone.





Photobucket

We did also come home once from my Grandmas and see this huge turtle…



Photobucket



Photobucket



On the job front I was still unemployed, but I did help my Dad bale quite a bit of hay this month which helped keep me somewhat busy.



In entertainment… not a whole lot going on this month, Steve and I started hanging out more as he moved back home, sometimes we would go to the truckstop for some high speed unlimited bandwidth interneting, as well as doing quite a bit of late night cruising around Decatur and Shelby Counties, trying to find some of the spookiest places…. Including the famous floating horse!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha, i forgot all about the floating horse!

    and damn, that is one big turtle. can't wait to hang this weekend, i'll remember not to piss you off so you don't declare total war in Risk=P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the floating horse was awesome, and I require peace treaties... old fashioned style with sealed wax

    ReplyDelete