Saturday, December 18, 2010

Decade: 2006

2006


Song: - Lips of an Angel – Hinder… this was one of those songs, I liked it the first maybe 10 times I heard it, then for the rest of the year it just wore you down until you couldn’t stand it. This was Hinder’s huge hit, then they pretty much fell off the map, at least as far as I know.



Video Game: KingoftheBling – this was an online game, and not a popular one at that… I think maybe 100 serious players tops. It was an offshoot of Hobowars.com that I mention previously. Some former players of that kicked this off, and it was pretty much the same idea. It was fun while it lasted and I was one of the top players in the game. A great group of players and we became a nice little community but as I said it never took off or got popular enough to keep itself running. Once the owner of the site got addicted to WoW that was the end.

News Event: Saddam Hussein Executed – The man whose threats and doings were blamed for provoking the Iraq War was executed after being tried in Iraq. However, in the grand scheme this didn’t mean a lot to the war effort as people here in the U.S. still remained heavily divided and the rebuilding efforts would go on for years.



Personal Event: Gecom – My first real job. This summer break from school I got my first “real” job. Working at a factory making trunk door latches for Honda Civics…. Yep not exciting, I remember a “game” I used to play with myself would be to try and go as long as possible without looking at the clock. It didn’t pay great and it wasn’t fun waking up at 5:30 every morning to go to work, but I learned a lot from the experience and am glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment