Friday, December 3, 2010

Decade: 2001

Since December, 31st 2010 marks the end of a decade (2001-2010) I thought I would remember this time span with a series of blogs highlighting a few things that remind me of each year of the Decade. To keep it simple, I will mention a song, a video game, a news story, and a personal even that remind me of each year.  I hope you find this an interesting look back.

2001


Song: Butterfly – Crazytown – not the most popular song of the year, but whenever I hear it I always think back to around this time, just reminds me of this year.

Video Game: Madden 2002 – this is for the memories I have playing with friends, so of the inside jokes of which we still bring up today. Also I loved the franchise mode and the whole game seemed like a huge upgrade from what I used to play on the N64. I will admit Super Smash Brothers Melee got some consideration here but it came out late in the year. And yes Madden 2002 was released in 2001.

Madden NFL 2002 Pictures, Images and Photos


News Story: 9/11… yeah pretty much sums it up as this was one of the most memorable events in my entire life. I remember I was taking the ISTEP standardized testing in the school library at the time, So I didn’t even hear that it had happened until about 3 hours after the fact after we finished the days testing. Crazy stuff, I also remember getting home that night and NOTHING being on TV but coverage of the event.

Personal Event: This was the last year I tried out for the basketball team (and didn’t make it like always), I ran conditioning for it after school during the fall and would have to say it ended up getting me in the best shape I was in high school (though still not that impressive), but despite being cut I was asked to be the video guy for the team, filming all of the games. It wasn’t that great of a job, but it was interesting going to all of the basketball games in 2001-2002

No comments:

Post a Comment