Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Decade: 2005

2005:


Song : -Boulevard of Broken Dreams – Green Day - About this time I’m thinking I shouldn’t have picked song as one of my catagories, I guess I’m not that big of a musical person. I thought it would be easy to pick a song I related to each year but it is getting hard… I don’t like this song but I’m picking it because I remember it used to come on every day in the dining hall when I ate lunch the second half of my freshman year at Purdue, it got very annoying.

Video Game: Fable – Yes I know this released in the fall of 2004, but if you notice a trend I’m a step being on video games sometimes and I got this game at a flea market in Brookville in the summer of 2005, loved the game, even if it was short and not as fleshed out as it could have been. 2005 was sort of a down year for my video game playing.

News Story: Hurricane Katrina… say what you want about the action and recovery that happened later, but this was by far the biggest story of the year. Even more so that the Presidential election of Bush over Kerry. It also shot gas prices up like crazy… I remember buying 4 dollar gas that fall.

Personal Event: Going to Walt Disney World with my family, when I came home from college this summer I didn’t end up getting a job and with everyone home for the summer the thought was we might not get another chance for a full family vacation…. So we went to Walt Disney World, this was my third time going but I still had a great time. I remember Casey and I would stay out late, until the park closed, finding out that the best time to ride popular rides was during the firework show that closed the park, since everyone watched the fireworks and didn’t get in line. (Splash Mountain also has an awesome view of the fireworks by the way.) After staying out till the close Mom and Dad would be going to bed when we got back to the hotel by bus, and we then we would wake up later and meet them in the park before lunch. (Though this sometimes proved difficult due to Mom never hearing her phone.) Moms liked going to the Animal Kingdom to take the safari ride in the morning when the animals were more active. Also I have to note that at the Rainforest Café on this trip is where our family had the famous Dangerous Desert creation discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment