Thursday, December 30, 2010

Decade: 2010

2010:


Song: Bang Bang BangMark Ronson and the Business International – This is a strange little song that I heard on one of the late night talk shows this fall, and then ended up getting. I like it, not sure why but I do.

Half Life 2 Pictures, Images and Photos

Video Game: Half-Life series – My Dad had the Orange Box set for half-life awhile back but I didn’t have an Xbox 360 until this spring. This summer however I picked it up to play the game Portal which everyone I knew who had Orange Box loved, and that said Portal is a fun game. However, all of those same people hated Half-Life 2 and never really made it past the 2nd level before quitting on it. Anyway I wanted to give it a try, and ended up loving the entire series, I can’t wait for Half-Life 2 Episode 3 even if they have announced it won’t be coming up until 2012 at the earliest. I think that’s a pretty big accomplishment because this year I really got back into video games after 2-3 years of only being a casual player at most.

Half Life 2 Pictures, Images and Photos

News Story: BP Oil Spill – Dominated the news for a long time, and for a good reason. One of BP’s oil rigs experienced an explosion that would cause more oil to leak into the gulf than any previous oil spill. The news updated us nightly as to the latest efforts to stop the flow of oil, as well as stories as to how it was affecting the people and wildlife of the area. That said now that it’s been about 5 months since the leak was stopped we don’t hear much about the damage, so maybe it wasn’t as bad as they thought it would be?

BP Oil Spill Pictures, Images and Photos

Personal Event: The Hike – I would/could post a whole bunch on this event, but really I already have and it’s probably best to check it out here with pictures:

http://nomadwaystation.blogspot.com/2010/07/hike-or-that-time-i-walked-over.html

It was a great event and something I will remember for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment