Saturday, November 6, 2010

Off the Road

Off the Road


Well today I sold my first car, it was a 1986 Monte Carlo SS with T-Tops that my Dad bought me when I turned 16. It was a fun car; loud, sporty, and had good top end speed, even if it never really shifted the smoothest. I drove it from 2000 – 2008 and have many memories of the car, even if I’ve never been a “car person.”

Sure the interior is pretty much shot right now, the decal stripe has come off on the passenger side, the passenger side fender’s paint job isn’t as good as the rest (wreck), starting to rust and then of course it only gets 15 mpg which is why I retired it to the side yard. I’ve had a couple people come and look at it, but this was the first guy to actually bring the money.

So in honor of the Monte Carlo heading for a new life some memories:

Jamming out to the Eagles with the Trailer crew with our hands out the window cruising down 421.


The time Ferrell, Steve and I stuffed all of those aluminum cans in the car


Laughing at whoever got stuck in the backseat when the T-Tops were off


The time the transmission went out on me while I was driving to school and I had to walk the last ½ mile or so.


The time I wrecked it on ice going like 5 mph


Driving it down the Methlab road


Signing


Trying to go Toilet Papering all sneaky like while it roared loud enough anyone/everyone could hear it.

Well that’s about all I have to say, it just seemed like I should say something about it as it was such a major part of my life for those 8 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment