Thursday, April 3, 2008

Apr. 3rd - Sidewalk

So this is my attempt at poetry I guess, Hopefully it isn’t dreadful. There is a small explanation on it at the end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Gibbering, Jabbering, Squawking

Thoughts scream into your head

What is your discussion

Party, test, homework?

Or maybe an emotional breakdown

Slowly and aimlessly walking

Unaware, lost in your own little world

Introducing…. The Cell Phone User



Inhaling, Exhaling, Relaxing

Dirty air fills your lungs

What is your need

Stress, tension, pleasure?

Or maybe just too addicted to wait until home

Smoky trail following

Unconcerned, about others around

Introducing…. The Smoker



Darting, Swerving, Careening

Speed is your desire

What is your rush

Exam, work, restroom issues?

Or maybe you just want to get an early start on that Sudoku before class.

An outcast on the run

Unwanted, on the sidewalk or the Streets

Introducing…. The Bike Rider



Gawking, Listening, Observing

Sights fill your mind

What is your interest

Engineering, Management, Agriculture?

Or maybe just lunch

Moving like a herd of cattle

Unstoppable, stampeding everything in its path

Introducing…. The Campus Tour Group



Prodding, laughing, stumbling

Socializing is your bond

What is your conversation

Friends, Sports, Class?

Or maybe just mindless chit chat

A mass of bodies moving together
Unconsiderate, hogging the entire path
Introducing…. The Sidewalk Hogs









-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



My motivation on this was people/groups of people who are annoying to meet or pass on the sidewalk. I’ve racked up a decent number of miles walking to and from campus the last few years and overtime I have come to identify my fellow sidewalk users into I guess groups or stereotypes, so this is my depictions of some of the annoying ones.



As for the poetry, I don’t know any true poetry styles or anything so I kind of made this up as I went and tried to develop a pattern or theme to it. Took some work but personally I’m pleasantly surprised with my work. Maybe I’ll try some more poetry later in the challenge.



*As a side note, I have no objections to people choosing to smoke I just prefer them not to do it while walking down the street where I have to follow in there smoke trail.


Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=53935558&blogId=373758532#ixzz13Wty8uP5

No comments:

Post a Comment