Sunday, June 12, 2011

Turning 26

So it's been well over a week since my Birthday, and I figured it was about time I get around to posting something about it.

Overall as I've said before Birthday's are not that big of a deal in our family, so as usual it wasn't super eventful. However, it was nice and I enjoyed it, other than the reminder I'm getting old.

In the morning I had to go into work for a few hours and then I went to the gym afterwards. Erin came over in the afternoon to see me and we celebrated my Birthday with my Mom and Casey as Dad was working late in the fields to make up for the wet spring.

Mom fixed Meatloaf for dinner which I had requested, it was really good as well as making me a Red Velvet cake. She even got Happy Birthday Candles.

Erin got me a Wind-Up Hippo Bank which is awesome

Photobucket

and.....


a LASER DISC PLAYER!

Photobucket


Which if you follow my blog, you know completes one of my goals in life of owning one of these neat but obsolete pieces of technology. Laser Disc


Casey got me one of my favorite movies, Muppet Treasure Island on DVD as well.
muppet treasure island Pictures, Images and Photos

Overall it was a really good Birthday, like I said the only problem is that I'm getting older and am reminded by it everytime I punch my weight/age into the treadmill or elliptical machine at the gym blah. Sometimes it seems like my life hasn't progressed much these last few years since getting out of college. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. yesssss, we are a small elitist group that owns that on DVD now =D

    ReplyDelete