Monday, June 6, 2011

Tigers! Oh My!

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!.... well no lions, and only two bears....

Yesterday Erin took me on an adventure to see a 4 day old baby Tiger named Grayson. One of Erin's friends Josie is what I guess you'd call the "cat girl" at a local petting zoo... Stapps Ranch and is now taking care of their newest addition a baby tiger named Grayson.

Erin and I met up at Wolf Theatres where we planned to see a movie later and then headed out to Stapps with a gift from taco bell in hand (for Josie, not the tiger). We ,met Josie at the gift shop and headed to her room (she lives in one of the buildings on the ranch during the summer, where she now cares for the tiger all day/night) and got to see and pet the little guy who still has a few days before he even opens his eyes. Josie explained that they take the kittens from the mothers a couple hours after birth because the mothers rarely raise their young in captivity and that on the few occasions they do, the bond between them is hard/dangerous to break later on.

Photobucket
Josie Bottle feeding

Photobucket
More Bottle feeding

Photobucket
The Tiger and I

Photobucket
Another picture of Grayson and I

Photobucket
Erin and the Tiger

Photobucket
Erin and Grayson


They have the tiger, Grayson, on loan for 20 weeks from a zoo in Oklahoma, after which they will send him back. They do however have three other tigers of their own and have been breeding two of them.



Photobucket
Josie and a more mature Tiger she helped raise

The zoo/farm also has a wide variety of other animals; including lemurs, bears, donkey, goats, fallow deer... etc. Since we were just stopping in for the tiger/josie and not paying for a tour and what not we didn't stop and look at much. Erin did take more photos I just grabbed a few to use for this blog.

Photobucket
Random picture of a camel

After visiting the tiger we went to see the movie Bridesmaids and it was funny as advertised by her mom and worth checking out. I'd say the comparisons to a female wedding crashers/hangover comedy were decent though it was certainly its own movie and didn't try to rip things off.

From the movie we headed across the street to Buffalo Wings and Rings where we shared an order of Buffalo Chicken Nachos for dinner. Then we hit the McDonalds truckstop for ice cream before heading back to my house to wrap up the night.

Overall it was a great day/night.



P.S.

I hope I'm not the only person who thinks of this...
josie and the pussycats Pictures, Images and Photos
Everytime I hear Josie's name. Erin didn't get the reference, so maybe I have just watched too many cartoons.

1 comment: