Tuesday, June 7, 2011

gym progress

Just wanted to brag I hit a new best mile time at the gym yesterday afternoon

ran a 6:31 mile, easily my best timed mile! Though it was on a treadmill which makes things much easier as it keeps the pace for you and helps force you to keep going. It just seems so much easier to give up when the ground under you isn't constantly moving. Earlier this year I had written that I wanted a 7 minute mile by June so I have offically completed that. I guess my next goal should be to hit a 6 minute mile by September, so thats the new plan.

Gym wise hitting the weights is still what I really need to be working on, not to be super buff or anything but I'd really like to be do a few pull-ups. I used to be able to do 10+ chin-ups when I lost all the weight back in 2008 but never could do a pull up.

I've lost a few of the pounds I put on this spring after switching jobs (amazing how having a lunch break can cause you to eat more, lol) so decent progress all around to report I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment