Friday, June 17, 2011

Rolling Along

So its been almost a week again since I posted, so I thought I should take some time to just jot some things down, It'll just be a quick couple topic update I guess.

Work has been semi-stressful leading up to next weekend. We are having an Antique Apprisal Fair at the museum and I guess this is my first big project. It has been a little tricky since I wasn't there to begin with and only got handed the reigns of this back in March. While I'll admit that there has been a few things I've maybe procrastinated too long on, this still would have been stressful either way. Right now I'm just hoping enough people sign up to come to the show. One thing that does suck is the fact that this week I've paid for some of our advertising for the show out of my bank account, it'll get reimbursed as we have a grant to help pay for the advertisements. It just not that fun for me, as someone who worries about being broke, having a big chunk of money sitting out there waiting a couple weeks to be payed back for, this month being a bad month for that as I have to pay for my car insurance here in 2 weeks.

Life has been busy but good, Erin's grandparents left for there summer of travels earlier this month so her place has become our main place to hang out since we have the whole place to ourselves and the fact that there isn't anyone at her house to take care of her dogs when she is gone. We have finally plowed through the first season of Prison Break, a show she has now officially got me hooked on, and have started the second season. We are also working our way through the Harry Potter series of movies so that I will be up to date when the final movie releases this summer, as I had never payed much attention to the books or movies. (I think I read 50 pages in the first book and had seen the first movie)

Erin has also been cooking me dinner when I go over there. She denies she is a good cook, but just this week she made a good casserole and some really good Hawaiian Meatballs. I'd never heard of Hawaiian Meatballs until I met her and her family, but I like them. Add in the fact that she makes good lasagna and she is a good cook in my eyes!

Overall though its just been really nice to get to spend so much time with her these last couple weeks, even if most of it has just been laying around, watching movies, playing cards and/or talking about plans for the future and all that jazz.

I do need to mention that one day when we were hanging out at my house, June 9th which was my Dad's birthday, we took a walk back to my Grandpa's woods because I know Erin likes the woods. It was funny walking through the really tall grass with Sparky and Pepper. Pepper snorting along because she was really happy and tired, it is a really funny sound she makes. The funny thing though was when we were coming up the back lane to my Grandpa's barn lot and the horse and mule were coming down. As soon as the dogs see the horse/mule they react in two totally different ways.... Pepper (who has had a run in with a horse last year) darts between me and Erin and sits down looking for protection.... Sparky turns and runs away as fast as he can.. it was hilarious! Once he stops we are able to get him to come back closer to us and I grab Rosie's (the mule) harness, because she is the mean one, and hold her so Erin, Pepper and Sparky can pass... however as the horse is moving past and I'm letting go of Rosie, Sparky once again bolts the other direction and the horses take chase. I thought they were going to smash him for sure so I had to run back and make sure he was safe. Luckily he made it to a pile of junk he could hide in before the horses trampled him, and I was able to chase the horses off to get him to safety. Poor little pup I'm sure he was terrified but it was really funny to see.

At home Dad has officially baled all of the hay fields first cuttings, which is good for him. I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get to help him as much as I thought I would as it seemed he was always baling and unloading on the days I had to be at work these last couple weeks. That meant I didn't make as much money as I'd hoped to, oh well it'll all work out.

Mom has started to clean the house now that she is home for the summer and they have locked the teachers out of the school all summer due to construction. Normally she runs into school at least twice a week and spends those days doing stuff there. It's good that she has turned her attention onto throwing stuff away, we aren't hoarders, but we do have a lot of clutter and junk that just needs to be pitched so the house looks nicer.

We also got some barn kittens, and maybe getting more from someone who works with Erin. I don't have any pictures of them to post right now.

Last weekend we hung out at Brock's and watched Alien and Aliens with Brock, Russel, Chantel, Joe, Bruce, Casey, Erin and myself. It was a good time even if Erin didn't like the sci-fi movies. Steve if you read this if Macy is at your place sometime we should have a movie night or something with Macy, Erin, you and me.

As a random add on about last weekend I was on the roof of the historical society, helping the insurance agent check our roof for hail damage from the big storm that hit a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately I didn't get to climb to the top of the roof as I had to hold the ladder for to move up to the next level of one section of the roof. But I do enjoy climbing up to taller places.

Photobucket

I guess the last thing on my mind is the fact that Erin's mom and step-dad are coming to visit her in just a little over two weeks now. I'm usually not nervous to meet peoples parents but I'll admit I am a little nervous to finally meet her Mom, who is the most important person in her life. As Erin has said we have totally different senses of humor so I hope I don't just come across as too weird. Oh well Erin says their is nothing to worry about but we will see in a couple weeks.

Really I don't have too much more news to post about right now that I haven't already talked but in previous blogs this month. I will say I'm working on finding a new blog series to do for next month as I do think its a good exercise to make myself write stuff more often even if they are random little comments.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like things are going good, and yeah we should definitely try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete