Sunday, June 26, 2011

Family Treasures Apprisal Fair

So it's finally over, my first big event that was entirely under my direction... the Family Treasures Apprisal Show and Antique Fair. I'll start off with the bad first and say that we orginally had planned to have some antique dealers set up booths outside of the museum to sells their wears. I had priced the booths at what I thought was a very modest price of $25 dollars per booth. However after mailing over 50 flyers to antique stores in the area and didn't hear back from any of them. The few I did talk to said they weren't intersted in traveling to the area for one day, or weren't thrilled it the idea of having their stuff set up outside, and since we didn't want it to be a flea market type event we didn't end up with any booths other than our own little set up.

As for the good.... we had over 110 people attend the event! and had right around 70 people get items apprised! Since we only planned on having 58 items apprised (1 person every 15 minutes for each appriaser) this was a big success. Our donations were a little lower than I had orginally hoped but I am thrilled with how well the event went over all. I'll be the first one to admit that I had been fearing all week know one would show up, and now that its over I am glad. Overall though I'm happy with the way things turned out.

Here are a few pictures of the event, I'll post the advertisements I posted in local papers in a day or two.

Photobucket
Museum's sell table

Photobucket
First Apprisal of the Day

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Newly Added:

Shelbyville Newspaper
Photobucket

Columbus Newspaper
Photobucket

Greensburg Newspaper
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment