Sunday, January 23, 2011

A quick life update

Life Update


So it’s been almost a week since I posted and really I haven’t posted much so I figured I should give a quick update as to what’s going on in my life.

Well the short story is, not much just a lot of work lately to be honest. Working 45 hours a week plus 10 hours a week driving take out a lot of your time to do much else. Last Wednesday was my day off, but I didn’t have much planned since I couldn’t find a storage auction nearby. I got the oil changed in my car, as I had been needing to do that, just hadn’t be able to find time in my schedule to do so. I also tried cleaning my room a little, where I found out that some of my favorite shirts that I had put away due to not being able to fit in them last spring, now fit again which is nice.

Thursday we had a fairly decent snow storm come in, but I was able to make it to work and back without much trouble. Well other than getting stuck in a traffic jam on the way home. The big news for me that day was that my work (which I had put in two weeks’ notice for) had asked me to go to a different store in the morning. So with that knowledge + some other things I took into account I figured they were calling me over there to turn in my keys and what not so it’d be my last day.

Friday however I showed up at the other store (which I call a “ghetto store” because it has a security guard their every day and gets robbed pretty frequently) and found out I was going to be there all day, in fact they sent me so I could cover the store that morning as their manager had something he had to do and had to leave for most of the morning. The security guard was an alright guy and I spent a good part of the day chatting with him as the store was slow. It was like a vacation in comparison to what my store does on a Friday. Add in the fact that I didn’t have collection calls or anything it was a fairly relaxing day.

Saturday was a regular day at work, really, not a lot to say. I worked with a girl who used to work at the store I covered but has since transferred to my store as she didn’t want to work at that one anymore following the robbery she experienced. Also I ended up staying late waiting for a customer to come in, but overall not bad. Saturday night Purdue played Michigan St. in basketball and won, thus all was well.

That brings us to today which was a lazy morning where I played video games, and then went with my Dad and sister to see “The Green Hornet” in Greensburg. I liked the movie; it was good, not great defiantly worth seeing for sure though. Also it was the first movie I saw in theatres this year. None of the previews sparked my eye today, Thor looked the most interesting, the others meh.

I guess the biggest news I have for now is that I have decided on a blog series for February, I’m going to post a picture and then write a bit about a different object in my room every day. It’ll probably just be called “28 things from my room” or something lame like that, but to be honest ever since I thought of it this morning I have been excited about the possibilities. The light fixture in my room actually is the object that inspired it, so it’ll probably get the honor of day one. That said do to my internet bandwidth limits I might not be able to get them all posted on the actual days… My hope is to take a whole bunch of the pictures and upload them in advance, but my truck stop sidekick now has a job so just depends if I want to sit up there by myself or not.

Not that I haven’t sat up there by myself numerous times, it’s just that its more boring I guess. Though I also need to go there to finish posting a March series from last year, so next time I’m there I’ll work on getting those up.

I haven’t been listening to audio books this week, the one I’m working on is rather boring and might just be the first one I give up on. “Fathers and Sons” by Ivan Turgenev. Also it looks like with my job changing, the amount of “reading” I have been doing will sadly be dwindling as my drive time will be seeing a significant drop.

Well that’s all for now.

4 comments:

  1. I've read Fathers and Sons, it was good in some parts and just boring in others. You should get a Shelfari account to keep track of the books you read. I have one, the link to my page is on my blog. Also, we could meet at the truckstop one night when I'm home this weekend or whenever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 6 chapters into it and it just seems like its going to get pretty boring. I had it on my list due to its "classic" status, but I'm just not feeling it.

    And meeting at the truckstop would be cool, but I thought you didn't like the truckstop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's late at night, I'll go, I just don't want to run into people I know... I've already had one close call at the truck stop, so maybe late at night would be ok :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. :P my normal time is between 11 pm and 2 am just depending on what else is going on and what my plans are for in the moring as to how long I stay when I go.

    ReplyDelete