Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Night Time Mystery

A night time mystery.... solved

So last night I wake up at 4 am, and am surprised to notice my bedroom door is open and the light from the upstairs bathroom is flooding into my room and onto my face. This is what woke me up, and it was suprising because I always close my door most of the way so this doesn't happen.*

Anyway in my sleepiness I see a figure in black standing at the sink and then quickly roll over to sheild myself from the light and go back to sleep. I did check my phone for the time before falling back to sleep, thats how I know what time it was.

Now I figured that it was just Mom in the bathroom, and I remember thinking before I fell asleep that she was up really early that morning. Though low and behold when I got out of bed at 7:25 and head to the bathroom I see her coming out of her room in a hurry because she had over slept. Now this causes some juggling with everyones morning schedules as I wake up at 7:25 because it puts me between Casey when she is on her 8 o'clock word day and Dad's morning routine.

That said I found time in our morning shuffle to tell Mom I thought she was already up and ready, and tell her about what I saw at 4 am, but she denied it was her, as did Dad when I asked him before I left... so dun dun dun we have a mystery.

But the mystery was sloved tonight... when after I got home from work, Mom, Dad and I were discussing it again.... Casey came in and admited to being the culprit, as she had woke up and felt sick in the middle of the night, and was in the bathroom while wearing a black shirt...

Now the only question that remains is why/how my bedroom door got open to begin with? It's possible Kong opened it, but doubtful. Oh well that is a random update for the blog as I don't have any series or anything going to this month.


* I always crack my door because Kong (the cat) doesn't like it if its closed and will meow / attempt to paw his way in at night, whereas if it is just a little bit open he doesn't care and won't even come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment