Monday, September 19, 2011

AAGPBL Panel

So last Sunday was the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League Panel! I've discussed the League on this blog already so I won't go into a whole bunch of detail about that, this will just cover the event itself.

At first I was really worried we were going to have a horrible turnout and the whole thing would be an embarrassment to the historical society, library and myself. As up until five minutes before the program began the speakers and their guest outnumbered the visitors we had attending! Luckily more people showed up at the last minute and we ended up with 42 people having signed in. I will say it didn't seem like that many, and the event was overall saved by a couple families bringing the majority of the crowd.

I was a little disappointed by the lack of support I had from my own board on this event as only two of them showed up, and this was something that they genuinely expressed interest in. I wish I could have had a bigger crowded but I don't know how I could have better promoted it. I had it announced on the radio and the newspaper ran a front page story on it a couple weeks earlier. I also had fliers out and around places, for the resources I have available I covered as much as I could. I'm not going to lie it would have sucked if a handful less people had shown up after I put so much work into this project.

Luckily those people did show up and the panel was great! They were a fun group and I feel that everyone who came left with a great experience and feeling good about the event. The Newspaper did a great two part write-up on the day so I'll leave you with that and a few pictures to finish the recap.

http://greensburgdailynews.com/local/x94879815/All-American-Girls-reminisce-in-Greensburg


Photobucket
Our Panel!

Photobucket
The Crowd


Next-Up.... Life Before Electricity this Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment