Monday, October 31, 2011

Speaking of History

The end of October was a busy month for me at the Museum when it came to public speaking/presentations... so a quick recap of my work/life/events the last two weeks.

Optimist Club
Optimist logo Pictures, Images and Photos

A member of the Optimist club came into the museum one Thursday afternoon looking for someone to do a presentation for their meeting that upcoming Thursday, their previous program had fallen through so they were trying to find someone at the last minute.... so since I was there that person became me.

They were a great group to give a presenation to and very nice, plus side was I got a breakfast... the downside was... their meetings are at 6:30 in the morning... but everything went well and you can get a lot done in a day when you wake up that early.



Lions Club

Lions Club logo Pictures, Images and Photos

This presentation I had plenty of heads up on, Erin's grandparents had asked me to give a presentation 2 months in advance so I was ready. They got a more expanded/better presentation than what the Optimist got complete with a slide show and everything.

The meeting went well and Erin's grandparents are still working on getting me to join Lion's Club.


Boy Scouts

One Thursday afternoon I came in late to open up the museum to a pack of boy scouts who wanted to tour our "Life Before Electricity" exhibt... they were a good group who were full of energy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Indiana State Museum Volunteers

This group volunteers at the State Museum like their name says, I gave a 10 minute talk on the history of Decatur County to them while they ate breakfast at High Point Orchard before they came to tour the museum later on that morning.

Joys of Travel

This was a group that came to tour from Cincinnati, I think they had a good time walking through the museum. Many commented how they enjoyed the town of Greensburg and the museum.

1 comment: