Monday, August 8, 2011

Making Headlines

I haven't posted in a few days and this will only be a quick update but I did make the front page of the Greensburg Daily News twice in the last 5-6 days.

Photobucket

For the Completion of the work done to Broadway street on the square in Greensburg, to be honest I didn't have much to do with this as the design and development of the project took place before I joined the Mainstreet Greensburg board of directors this spring. However, they asked me to show up for the ribbon cutting ceremony and I did, thus I made the newspaper. I must say the project looks good, I just hope the town is willing to do the upkeep that the maintaining the plants will involve.


Photobucket

"August 8, 2011



Sesquicentennial Quilt Now Housed at Historical Society Museum
Greensburg Daily News


Greensburg — Countless members of the Greensburg and Decatur County community contributed to the creation of this quilt one stitch at a time during the Greensburg 150th celebration in 2009. Mary Yoder and Mary Jane McKahan helped to organize the project as part of a committe chaired by Letti Davis, who presented Historical Society of Decatur County executive director Dustin White with the Greensburg Sesquicentennial Quilt.
It will be displayed at the gallery after the All American Girls Professional Baseball League exhibit closes in September."

Better late than never I guess for the quilt. Good publicity for the Museum though since we were able to get on the front page.

No comments:

Post a Comment