Monday, August 1, 2011

July 2011 review

So July is over, wow seems like summer is going fast! But I guess we say that every year, though I will admit it seems like I haven't accomplished much this summer. Last summer I was unemployed and enjoyed a relaxing summer going on walks and playing video games, I need to walk to Adams one day in August just for old times sake I guess, or even just go driving around one night... I haven't done that in forever.

This month was good though, at the start Erin's family visited and we hung out with them for her birthday week.

The next week was the fair, and all of those small town festivities that go along with it... stuff us simple Decatur County folks enjoy.

Baling Hay took up some time this month.

Went to the Drive-in Movie theatre for the first time.

Went Canoeing with some friends.

So it was plenty eventful I guess...

I don't have a book list this month because well... didn't read any... I started "The Bells of San Juan" and need to get back to reading it... hasn't done much to interest me yet.

I guess I feel like I need to be accomplishing more, I just need to figure out where/what I want to accomplish these things.... I haven't done a good job getting to the gym, so I need to improve that. I think I need to intellectually do something challenging and force myself to stick to it... Erin is going back to school and so is Steve and I guess maybe I feel like I haven't done anything that was intellectually challenging since college.

Erin and I have even discussed me going back to school, which would kind of be fun, I just have to think about it a lot and get the whole money thing figured out as to if I want to really do it. Its a scary proposition and well I feel like if I go back to school its like saying I wasted several years of my life. I think that is the biggest hold up, the fact I'd be saying I wasted a couple years getting my History Degree, so it'd be admitting a failure that I don't think I want to admit yet.

I've finished my blog series this month, but again I hated it about half way through... I haven't decided what I'm going to do for August... I don't think I'll do an everyday series, maybe a once a week deal on a bigger topic or theme? I'd like to even do maybe a discussion/debate series sometime, but that would take a lot of planning. Anyway don't plan on seeing an everyday post in August like you did this month, sometimes the everyday thing just burns  me out.

Well overall the month has been good, so hopefully everything was well for all of you readers as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment